End Of SUmmer Nottingham trip

What's rock city? How do I avoid "the bug"?
Anything & everything related to planning a Nottingham trip!
ultanobyrne

End Of SUmmer Nottingham trip

Postby ultanobyrne » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:33 am

Ger and myself were thinking it would be a good idea to head over the last week of august .

Can people share their thoughts about this and comment if interested,flights are about 19 euro each way so its quite cheap to get over there , the plan would be that ger and myself would drive over with a trailer and every one else fly over .
Does any one posses a small horse box type trailer under 1000 kg they wouldnt mind being used to transport kayaks etc
085-seven2four0seven3two

Aran K
Admin
Admin

Re: End Of SUmmer Nottingham trip

Postby Aran K » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:53 pm

I would recommend going somewhere else.

Most of the blocks that held the water back (creating eddys and holes) have been removed. Inlet gate is gone, second hole is much less powerful and has almost no eddy service, the wave before the bridge was gone when I was there (they've made it better since I believe) but the wave under the bridge is gone. The other three main features (jaws(?), troll hole and muncher) are still there but again, there's almost no eddy service at them which makes them pretty difficult for learning. I think you can still paddle back up the side channel to drop back on to muncher.

Basically most of the good reasons for going are not there at the moment (they probably will bring them back) and all the reasons for not going ( :puke: :puke: ) are still there.

I'd say if ye want and end of summer river running holiday head to Slovenia, if ye want a play boating holiday head to one of the other WW courses in France/Germany/Slovakia.
O86 66I9792
aran361 at gmail.com

Aran K
Admin
Admin

Re: End Of SUmmer Nottingham trip

Postby Aran K » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:04 pm

Just an edit to my above post in case anyone is still thinking of going.

It seems that while inlet gate is still gone they have added a number of new features which are very much playable. I haven't seen any footage of the new course yet but I've heard some good things and that its much more 'European' in style meaning its probably a great place for training again.

I still won't ever go again :puke:
O86 66I9792
aran361 at gmail.com

Return to “Nottingham”