Meeting?

Everything and anything on NUIGKC trips to the Alps
Aran K
Admin
Admin
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Meeting?

Postby Aran K » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Sounds good!

If anyones driving will you gimme a shout? I've the key for the kingfisher locker so we can get all the stuff out. Otherwise a few of us can just carry it there and back, there isn't that much gear and theres a big box for it
O86 66I9792
aran361 at gmail.com

Simon
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: your mothers bed

Re: Meeting?

Postby Simon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 am

I can. Give me a shout after 6:30
mobile-0879179075
simonpgordon92@gmail.com

Aran K
Admin
Admin
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Meeting?

Postby Aran K » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

Jaynes meeting me so it's all sorted! Thanks though Simon
O86 66I9792
aran361 at gmail.com

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:54 pm

So when suits people for the next meeting??
Say this week? Thursday evening at 6:30?

Yeay or nay? We need to have a meeting to finalise things such as money, equipment needed, etc.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com

Simon
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: your mothers bed

Re: Meeting?

Postby Simon » Mon May 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Thursday is the earliest I'll be back in Galway. 6:30 is grand, but the later the better for me
mobile-0879179075
simonpgordon92@gmail.com

User avatar
Roisin M
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Re: Meeting?

Postby Roisin M » Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Thursday at 6.30 is sound but can we make it quick??
Jayne and i have an exam the next day!!
Roisin Millard
0838289262

Aran K
Admin
Admin
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: Meeting?

Postby Aran K » Mon May 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Any time/day should be fine with me, I'm not exactly busy these days!
O86 66I9792
aran361 at gmail.com

Aisling Ffrench
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Meeting?

Postby Aisling Ffrench » Mon May 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah, Thursday's grand with me!

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Yep it should be quick enough. A few things I can think of off the top of my head that we need to decide...

- Did anyone track down the gas hob. If not, we need to get one (I think someone was going to bring one from home as well - We'll need 2 I think).
- What is the account balance? All April payments should have been processed by Thursday, so it is pretty important that we know how much we have. We also need to put a list of what is owed from the account as well. (The cost of the ship has been paid - €402. Have the cars been paid for, or is it due to come out of the accounts later? And so on...). The cost of fuel/tolls will be the last major expense I guess.
- What safety gear does the club have? What does it need to get?
- Have the campsites all been contacted to get the best possible rate and check they are ok with the group coming? If not I can help out.
- What other communal gear is needed? Did we source 2 large pots? This should probably be up to the food people to organise and source as cheaply as possible.
- I will ask the van rental company to give me a definite reg plate for the insurance, and can pass this on to Jayne (or whoever) on Thursday.
- If you have anything to bring up at the meeting, add it on here.

Not long to go now! :)

PS. Did I tell you I'm a terrible driver? ;P
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com

User avatar
Eoghan
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Rivendell

Re: Meeting?

Postby Eoghan » Tue May 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Thursday works for me

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 am

See ye all Thursday (tomorrow) at 6:30 in the Env. Science seminar room.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am

Here are teh campsites by the way:

France: http://www.iscles.com/default.asp Mobile phone number if needed: +33647282574. Not sure what their english is like.

Italy: Here is the website: http://www.ilgattoelavolpe.it

Slovenia: http://www.campingsoca.com/en/camp-vodenca

I can get a guy in my lab (french student) to call the french campsite and organise a price, etc. We'll talk about it at the meeting I guess. As far as I remember, the slovenian site people had good english.
Last edited by johns86 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am

Contacted the french campsite.
Price is €6.85 per person per night. If we will arrive late we need to contact them as there will be a barrier down.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com

User avatar
aherdman
PUMPKINS!!!
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Meeting?

Postby aherdman » Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm

I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight as I'm in Kildare til the weekend. I can however Skype in if necessary, just give me a bit of warning by text so I can make it home to a computer in time.

Just in regards the safety gear the club may need to get, what quality are the current splits the club has? I know we're down to 1 set now. Also, have we 2 fully stocked FA kits between all of us if we decide to run 2 different rivers at some point. I'm sure we could salvage atleast 1 decent one from the clubs kit.

Have we anybody in the group who can play an instrument well? I've an acoustic guitar we could bring in the van if so.

Not sure if this has been brought up or if it comes with the rentals, but if anybody by chance happens to have a spare SatNav it could be handy.

The single hob Simon sent by email looks pretty damn good, we do need something we can fit the large pot on as the double hobs wouldn't fit it.
Mobile: oh86-072seven754
I FUCKING LOVE PUMPKINS

User avatar
johns86
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am
Location: galway
Contact:

Re: Meeting?

Postby johns86 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Check emails for the full details and payments info, etc.

Here are some general points.

Notes:
Simon - is sorting the stoves - getting one for 45 in sligo and one for 20 in o meara camping. Plus one regulator for small blue cylinders.

Roisin - is sorting getting basic splits with the i-canoe order (also getting stuff for peoples personal orders)

Aisling - bringing a large club pot from house.

Aran - bringing in the large club pot

Everyone - bringing other camping cooking gear. Jayne bringing a chopping board. I'll bring a bowl. If you can bring large boards/knives, etc. post up online.

Everyone - read over forum posts on personal camping gear needed and paddling gear needed. If you don't have it, get or borrow it.

Everyone - scan all your documentation and email to yourself as backup. Passport, drivers license, etc.

Me - will email andrew about costs if he wants to join us for food etc. Will also email the guys (rory turnip dave) to tell them what they owe.

Everyone - Van packing on Sunday June 1st at 3pm (shed). Be there or your gear will not be guaranteed to be on.

Everyone - sort out your personal insurance and e111 card thingy. I will contact the true traveller company and find out about kayaking cover and will post up what they say.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
Image
www.d-john.com


Return to “Alps Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests