!!Please Read!! Package Holiday or Club Trip?

Everything and anything on NUIGKC trips to the Alps
Bessie
O.F.B.

!!Please Read!! Package Holiday or Club Trip?

Postby Bessie » Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Lads,

Only three people showed up to the alps meetings tonight. The long and the short of it is; that's fucking a disgrace only three weeks before we're suppose to depart.

Can everyone who was'nt at the meeting tonight, please think about the following.

I am (a) Going on a subsidised club trip which I want to get involved in and help out with or (b) going on a subsidised package holiday being organised by Ross and JK.

Lads seriously fucking think about!!

JK and Ross and the senior paddlers could organise a trip to the alps for a lot less money and a lot less hassle.

The is not forum topic for people to post up the reasons why they wer'nt there, one of which included 'i knew i'd be too wankered to go, so i did'nt'.

So lads, please phone Ross, apolgise, and find out what jobs you have been allocated.

Or else you'll see the more senior paddlers pulling out of this trip.

That is all
Seriously whats the worst that could happen?...........Well, you could crash the f*ckin van!

(Click on the Pic!)

rlynch
O.F.B.

Re: !!Please Read!! Package Holiday or Club Trip?

Postby rlynch » Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

I had this written before I saw Conor's post, so I'll post it here:

I'm just back from a meeting where three people showed up, and one more half an hour later. That's out of 14 trip members based in Galway.

This trip is supposed to be organised by the whole group, not just a few of us. If you think that this is a package holiday that you sign up for and other people do the work – you're wrong! Aside from a handful of individuals, a lot of you have contributed nothing. And the majority of those aren't in the college any more – they contribute their time and effort to help newer members, because that's what other people did for them. It's time to change or sign up for a different trip.

When Seanie bowed out, I said I would assume the role of heading up this trip. To me, that doesn't mean chasing adults to attend meetings.

I'm scheduling another meeting for next week. I sincerely hope that everyone can make it. Check your email.

Ross

P.S. Before the flood of excuses starts, don't bother.
We would leave home in the morning and could play all day, as long as we were back before it got dark. No one was able to reach us and no one minded!

johns86

Re: !!Please Read!! Package Holiday or Club Trip?

Postby johns86 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 pm

As the guys have said this is not on. We are all supposed to be equals when it comes to the orgaisation of this trip. The least you can do is make it your business to get to the meetings. Some of the guys have put in a lot of work to this trip so lets not just leave it to them. YOu might have prefered to be doing something else, but so do we all.
Anyway we'll see everyone at the meeting next week.
John 0863352900
Gtalk: johnstaunton86@gmail.com
msn: johns86@hotmail.com
www.d-john.com

Return to “Alps Chat”